Wednesday, January 19, 2011

sizzling hot

being spoilt is never a good thing.
...

woke up this morning, to find out the heater was out of service, and the only option was that cold water to add in the cold wednesday morning. puurrfect! how i wish i can opted to just brushed my teeth and washed my face and off to work. but then again, i would feel very uncomfortable not to stop wondering if i stink and the person next to me could simply knew the bad smell was me! .. hence, with a very strong courage, i took my bath, in that freezing minus zero degree cold water.. (ok, am exaggerating!).. it was cold, damn cold.. i was shivering, literally.. and i was reminded, it's been a while since i had a good cold shower in the morning, early morning.

i spent most of my time growing up at my gramp's. they were not rich, they were poor, very, i would say. both my parents were not rich neither. though i grew up in the city, i still live like everybody in the kampung (i guess). i woke up as early as 5:30 in the morning. should we woke up late, nenek would be screaming at the top of her lung. we would take our quick fifteen minutes bath, in that cold freezing minus twenty degree water (another exaggeration!), performed our prayers, and off to either school or the morning quran classess.. after school, we would take our bath again, and in the evening another bath to complete the day. of course, during fasting month would be more for me..  once a while, when my dad was assigned for the outstation job, we would tag along, and those were the times we could enjoyed the hot water in the tub.. it was always a pleasure.

only when i was studying in that freezing cold llantwit major (and i was not exaggerating this time), i could hardly pick the blue tap. the cold tap water was insignificance. and being spoilt for five years, i keep complaining when i came back for holidays and had to take my bath in that cold water shower. of course, my dad did not entertain me on that request, though most of the time i would consider i'm the spoilt one among my siblings!

then, i got married. i considered myself lucky as my hubby was so used to hot water, that his family home has water heater installed in all three bathrooms in their house. talking about spoilt, huh!

when we moved into our house in bukit kuang, water heater top the list. 

when i was under confinement with aimar, i bought the water heater in my dad's. 

and today, i was shiverring cooolllldddddd.... as if i never ever 'touched' cold water before. 

and as for our new house, we've agreed to at least installed two water heater, for us and for the boys/guests.

i called up to check on the boys this morning. my husband told me that the water heater is up and running.. but as i'm reflecting this, i wonder, my boys would definitely miss those time in their life, enjoying that cold water shower from that big kolah where the coldness could crept in up to the bones! that would be a luxury to them should they could experience that! hmmm... kesian la pulak..kan..



   

No comments:

Post a Comment