Tuesday, January 18, 2011

nosy neighbours

as we couldn't secure the corner lot unit nor the end lot unit of the new house that we are moving in, i told my hubby to pick the row that are less malays.. but of course, just to found out, most units that are most chinese were up for sale by the agents! gosh, padan muka.


anyway, i don't have anything against malay. i'm sure, be it malay, chinese or indians, the issue would be the same. but, with different culture and belief, we have more excuse not to socialize.. at least, that's how i stand.

i'm comfortable not to have friends around. call me stuck-up and snobbish, but, i'm not so into making new friends and getting closer than i wish i could with my neighbours. we haven't officially stayed in our new house. just managed to complete the house grills. the plan is to move in the next two and half months time. last weekend, as my hubby was loading the lights to the storeroom under the stairs, and while i was up stairs, measuring the windows for the curtains, i heard my hubby was talking to somebody. as i came down, i saw him with three kids - a 10,8 & 6-year old kids. they were 'interrogating' him, asking for details of when are we going to move in and so forth. i would just say 'fuck off'.. gosh, my hubby, in his best, been telling me that the kids must have come to him voluntarily..my thoughts, and am definitely sure, keep telling me, their nosy mum send them off.. c'mon, please send all four of your kids and ask what i'm wearing, what's cooking and whatever la..

i just don't understand - if she really wanted to find out the details, she could just come by. she's just nice door, and she could have just say hello. i know i could do that, but fact is, i don't feel like making any friend, not at that time. and what happen was pure rude.

i have nothing against her being a good muslimah, with all the tudung and everything.. but, she sure doesn't know to remind her kids not to be nosy..

suddenly, i was reminded of my neighbours back in kemaman. i was snobbish, arrogant city girl. i dare to be me, though i knew, these neighbours of mine were all i have when my hubby went offshore and my parents
were miles away. (i knew i can't depend to that particular 'beras' of mine). being in kemaman, hot and hot, i prefer to lock myself up in the house, with my sleeveless and shorts and the air-cond on. i should definitely be those to be in the neighbourhood boycott's list. somehow, my neighbours were great people. they still invited me for any event. they still smiled and talked to me whenever. their kids get along well with my kids. and they didn't ask things that they think they don't have to ask. they were definitely not the kinf of people that i think they would be... and i hope, these new neighbours of mine would turn up the same.. just don't bother things that i don't want to share with them... and don't send their kids to spy on me!..


but if they don't, i always have my loud families and my good bffs to make enough noise to shut them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment