Tuesday, July 12, 2011

love after marriage

i was rushing when i woke up this morning. my hubster called me up, all the way from FPSO Roncardo, Brazil, but i have to turned him down and didn't even bother asking him to call back. somehow, when he called, my head was spinning that i needed to vomit (like a normal morning routine for the past seven month!), and my stomach was screaming for that nature's call. hence, i hang up on him. of course, he didn't call back. i didn't ask him too, and i understand that it's not easy to get through the line if he was to call back. plus, with the different timezone, i'm sure that he's all worn out after the shift work and needed a good rest.

well, as i'm done for work, driving up to the office, i realized i missed him.

when he was courting, he stayed up and picked up flowers at the park, just to decorate that handmade card for me. and now he's married, he stop courting. but he still stayed up. sometimes, he even did the laundry and that minus one of my chores and i'm fine.
when he was courting, he bought gifts and bouquets  to his 'sugar'. and now he's married, not that he stop buying, he will still buys, but of course i have to ask!
when he was courting, he would stop whatever he was doing including playing playstation with his buddies when i called. now he's married, just like what i will do, he would say "i'm in the middle of something, and i'll call you back, kay?"
it's good that he still call me 'manje' like he used to call me eleven years ago.

reality checks - he's not that perfect guy i thought i knew. but i'm not complaining! i 'changed' too.. to fit in with one's and each other life. we learned to compromise. of course, we must keep reminding ourselves not to be complacent. and i guess that would be one of the reason he would still call everyday when he's away, even for five minutes.

we both have our expectations on each others. we can't stay the way we were though i'm pretty sure before we were married i did express my fears on 'things will change'.. things definitely change.. and it's not bad. am thankful to have him as my husband, a responsible one. once a while, it's still okay for me to leave him with the boys while i hang out with my buddies (though, most of the time i would hang out with the girls when he was not around, and i still asked for his permission). he doesn't complain much when i decides which place shall we go for dinner, rather than me preparing the home-cooked dinner. he will sacarstically wandering where my salaries gone when i asked for money, and i will give him this look and said "takpe lah kalau tak nak bagi".. and voila, he still gives.

and me no purr-fect either. if most of the cards to him were handmade before, now, my occasional cards to him came from the 7E rack. as a mother of two (plus one), i still woke up at ten on weekends, and hub doesn't complain much. and , like what i did this morning, a long-distance phone call just need to wait as the nature's call.. though i remembered talking with him on the cell while i was in the bathroom doing my business eleven years ago.

it's true, when you got married, things do change. it's up to us to make it better or worst..

all in all, i'm happy to know, no matter how, no matter what, when i feel like missing someone, i have someone that i love to miss.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment