Monday, July 11, 2011

building a life

my sister has moved out from our parent's house months ago. her new house was like fourty five minutes away from the city. when she started to move out, it was an abrupt move. at least that was how i felt. out of blue, they loaded everything in their MPV and off they went.

looking at current circumstances, her being pregnant and the it was only ten minutes away to and fro my parent's house and office, we were under the impression that she would stay at my parents during the weekday and only spend their time at their new house during weekends.

anyway, as it has been months... that has not been an option. not that i care. she's married, own a good big house, and has a husband who can decide whatever whenever. but on the other hand (and again, maybe its the pregnancy hormone in me), i was saddened by her (or their, to include the husband) arrangements. with her being pregnant for the first time, deep inside, i knew my mum and dad wanted her to be around them. she's the youngest.. she might think dad loves me more and mum loves her brother more, but truth, she's the closest to them compared to both of us. my dad keep telling me that she is always prone to casualty and need extra monitoring, and with her current condition, i knew how dad and mum wished she's around more often than she did. maybe all my dad can prepare was that simple fried vege and fried chicken, but, i knew he wanted to fry it for his expecting daughter!

but then again, it's not her fault if she and her hubby decided to spend more time together in their new house and that far-far-away land. it just that, i found that it's unacceptable.. if they could spend full two days+nights in malacca over the weekend with her hubby's family, and only opted to stay overnight for one night in my parent's in a month, and as much as my parents did not show it, i can feel them! 

she screwed up our 'family' outing yesterday. she was the one who was proposing for us to have nice comfort hi-tea at the double tree while waiting for my mum to finish her events there.. at the end, it was only me, my two boys and my dad.. of course my mum join us half hour later. i was angry with her. of course, she said she was tired.. but on the other hand, she's not being fair to my parents. 

to make it up, this morning, she was telling me she wanted to sell the house, and she wanted to buy a house nearer to the office. as it is as simple as selling that baju kurung collections of hers! this is my sister's major problem - she's a people pleaser.. she tends to cater for everybody's needs and wants, and when she fails, she would try hard to give illogical reasons rather than explaining the truth that she couldn't fulfill the requirements.. 

my mom and dad never objected whatever she wanted to do. after all, she's married and her life now belongs to her hubby. and i was wondering if my mom and dad felt the same when i moved out from the house - like i'm totally shutting off my life with them. perhaps, my situation was different as i moved out to other states, and i didn't have much chance to spend time neither with my parents nor my in-laws.. 

on the other hand, this makes me think.. how would i react when the times come and the kids are married and ready to move out from our house? would i be happy? would i be sad? would i feel isolated? would i feel proud? of course, how i wish i could have them all by myself for the rest of my life. and of course, i can't be selfish in that sense! the kids will grow up. meet someone they love. decided to have a family of their own and will have their own mindset how to live their life. of course they never intend to shut off their parents.. but, in a matter of time, that how parents will feel.. and for now, am not sure how long it will lasts.


and

No comments:

Post a Comment