Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thanking out loud

...
My dear tok wan is 90 years old (or maybe more) and my tok is 85 (perhaps). they are old and not as strong as they used to be, surely. it always breaks my heart when i visited them, and watched them aging. back then, they would always want to cater for us whenever we were came for visits. They spoiled us with good food, food and many food. If only they could do that as they used to be, now. I love them till death. True I'm not as close to them as others, but we know how they adore and heart us. My grandma is having short-term memory loss. She couldn't remember much as she used to be. She could have put a glass of water on the table, and will be busy looking for it in the room. But, for her age, she still serves (any) food on the table for her husband when it comes to breakfast, lunch and dinner time. She would reheat the food that was on the fridge and served them. To the extent, she could hardly remember that the food has been reheated and reheated for weeks and some has even gone bad. One thing for sure, my grandad will still finish the food, no matter how, no matter what....


As long as I could remember, my dad and my mom fights more than then they could talk politely even at their age now. I'm not complaining. My mom tends to have an expert in figuring out how to test my dad's patience, every single time. And my dad, he never learned to accept that's the nature of his wife. They just got back from performing the Umrah last two weeks. The first phone call I received from my dad all the way from Mecca was "Alhamdullillah Ain, abah boleh bawak mama tawaf jalan pakai tongkat, not the wheelchair, keliling Kaabah. Alhamdullillah". With my mom's health condition and she always wanted to use the wheelchair, I knew it took a lot of patience for both of them to do what they did.


Ok, cry now. 

...
It's gonna be fifteen years this coming  30th March since the first time we were officially going out. Of course we were friends before, and were flirting with each other. 

And I'm glad, even after 15 years, he still calls me 'manje' be it when he's mad or sad, when he's sick and tired, when he's annoyed and being annoying, when he's near and far, when we are alone or in front of the family (or even public figure), i am still his 'manje', even he has a daughter he can spoiled, i'm still his 'manje' and he still spoil me. 

It started as a joke. There were me, Acap, Meri and Meri's ex. Of sudden, my boyfriend-then called me and Meri heard it differently "kau panggil Ain 'manje' ke Cap?".. 
"Memang lah dia manje aku"
and I was blushing. In the cold cold winter in Manchester, I can feel the hotness on my cheek. and that was it. I could hardly recalled what was my nick before that.. either awak or Ain. 

We've gone through a lot. It's sweet, sour, bitter, and all. And there's more to come, surely. We fight. We hug and kiss. We yell. We make-up. We hate. And we surely love. We (or maybe I) nag. We laugh. I can never stop thanking Allah for our jodoh. 

No matter how old we get, we know, our love will just be as young as we can remember and it keeps on growing. 


When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm
I know you will still love me the same
'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory
I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand
But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are, oh

Abang, 
Please don't stop loving me.
Doa cinta kita sampai ke Jannah... 
Love you, love you, love you, love you..

Happy 300300



No comments:

Post a Comment