Thursday, January 14, 2010

to men or not to men

i grew up in a man-less family..

my gramps (of my mum's) were blessed with eleven kids, of which five daughters and three sons.. wait, that don't tally up to eleven - oh yea, one daugher and one son were given away to childless relative and another son died at young age. now, out of twenty-one cousins, six are boys..
two of my aunts, decided to get married to the husbands of theirs, and got daughters of their own...just to leave the wives and kids by themselves.. nada.. the mis-used 'previlage' of polygamy.. got hooked up, married..ta-da.. kids of which will need to use their name to register in birth cert and the rest is history. having the toughts the wives will be in great shape, taken care by their nieces and sisters, i guess the husbands forgot how should a husband be, and how should a father acts.

then, i met my hubby..

got married and was blessed with two smart boys (for now). my house, my car, my everything surrounded with boys toys.. none others.. planning for birthday bashes, with no dash of pinks everywhere, sometime can be frustrating..

and as time mature with our age, i heard so many real-life stories.. my bff's husband cheated on her for other woman, my bff's good friend was harrased by crazy 70-year-old freak, another bff doubted her boyfriend (with 'valid' reason).. and so many more about how women cannot trust men.. 100%..as my favourite blogger (the red scoot) wrote in her blog - men are brainless beast.. ouch... looking back on her experiences with men, we can't blame her for being such a feminist..she deserves to feel what she felt..

am not saying my hubby is a saint.. he is the angel of my heart, of course.. (and he told me i'm the hottest chic, still.. yea.., i don't know why i want to write this, but i still want to!).. but this hubby of mine is a jewel.. and i must have done something good in my prior life that i was blessed to be married to him.. am not trying to brag to the world, as we never know what will happen in future.. we can't predict that.. but, as long as we both keep reminding ourself on each other's expectation, as long as we both try our very best to cater each other's requirement.. InsyaAllah, we'll do all-right..

having to raise two boys of my own, i must keep reminding them to grow as a real gentle-man.. don't just grow up as a man.. 

God created men and women for reasons, and yet to be known.. nowadays, men and women don't really compliment each other.. of course we need sperm and ovum to bring a life to the world, but that's it..women are strong enough to raise kids of their own like my aunts.. women are tough enough to live in the world without men.. as for men, i can't speak on their behalf.. their egos always speak for themselves.. how truth the fact is, beyond my thinking..

i remember what my hubby told me.. i asked him to help with the TV cables and he asked me to do it myself.. which in return, my reply was "if i started to learn how to do it myself, what do i need you for?".. and i was left in silence when he replied me a smart answer "i don't want you to need me..i want you to want me".. wah-la-wei...

i guess, when men and women want each other, then only we can relate.. else, we will take advantage with each other.. and most of the time, men wouldn't mind being the beast they can be, to take advantage on what they need, not what they want.

some points to ponder...





No comments:

Post a Comment