Tuesday, November 17, 2009

measuring distance


They said 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'.. i want to correct that.. it's not really the absence, but the distance.. at least, that would be my case.. with distance, i just realized, i miss him so much, i want him so badly, i need him with just a phone call away..and when i knew the only fulfillment that i will get is just a plain "how i wish", i went blank.

The light in the bathroom were blinking non-stop every microsecond. I knew that the least I need to do is to go to the shop, buy the bulb and the starter and mend it.. And of course, I can call my in-laws asking for help.. And even a polite request for a favour from my neighbour won't cost any of us a dime.. Somehow, all i want is him..

The car was making funny noises when i ran the engine. He would know better,but he's not here with me. Somehow all i want is him..

This morning, at the eleventh-hour, i've decided to plan for Aidan's year-end party at his school .. i wish i could pick up the phone and tell him my plan was...and i suddenly having doubts to go-ahead with the plan... organizing the party, without him around, should not be the way it is.. but, i know Aidan really wanted to have the party before the school end (which would be this Thursday) and i just can't wait for him (or even can't wait for Aidan's real birthday)... Somehow, all I want is him..

Ok, my hubby is not dead.. he's away... a 60-hour away from home, working for the monthly earnings.. he pays for almost everything.. me, i spend all my monthly salary, and still asked money from him..hence, to take up the 28-days onshore and the next 28-days (minus 5 days of travelling time) seems viable when he landed the offer two months ago.. i was supposed to be very independent.. when aidan was less than two years old, and i was heavily pregnant, i can drove all the way from Kemaman to KL, just because i know i am very independent... and i am still independent.. Somehow, all I want is him..

If only i could fast-forward the time when he's offshore, and slow down the seconds when he's back home... If only i could make the distance nearer.. If only i could just pick up the phone and call him whenever..

Hurry back .. please..

No comments:

Post a Comment