Monday, October 21, 2019

Part 3 - Birthday Aivey

Aivey turned 8 on September 14th.
'Traditionally', as much as I (mama) wished Aivey would be able to have big birthdays every year, aboh is sticking to his rules 'celebrate besar-besaran sekali je dalam hidup, when you turn 8.'

Aidan had his 8th bday at the lavish Sports Planet Ampang, a day before my chemotherapy started. It was all fun and big bday celebration with his classmates from St John and the neigbours and families and friends.

Aimar had his 8th bday at the laser tag in Wangsa Walk. He had his friends and the families joined in. It was memorable and definitely fun!

On Aivey's turning had, I was a bit 'worried'.
I was worried if she wishes on something that we couldn't fulfil and I felt a bit of betrayal from our side.
I asked her what and how she wanted for her birthday.
'I want to play roller skates with my friends.'
and I knew there's a place in Avenue K that she could have that materialized.
Next, I was worried about the invitees..how many are we expecting? and how can i invite if i were to limit the numbers?
'How many can I invite, mama?' she asked.
"I don't know, I'm still looking for a suitable place and I can only tell you the numbers once I know how much the cost would be."
'It's ok, I just need SM and Hanan.. they are my buddies.' and for a girl who was sooo looking forward for her big bday celebration, 2 bffs was enough, and I felt .... mmmm.. I just don't know how to describe it!

It took months. But at the end, I decided to just text Hanan's and SM's mom to book the date. Venue, unknown. It was two weeks before the birthday that I got a phone call from SUperpark saying they are offering me a 20% off for the bday celebration if I wish to have it at their place.

Alhamdulillah... itu rezeki Aivey.

I told her and she was so dilated. And she told me rightaway, "mama, boleh tak kalau saya nak ajak kawan lain lagi?"
I went silent. Risau pun ada, berapa banyak lagi kawan she had in mind.
'depends! berapa ramai lagi Aivey nak ajak?'
"saya nak ajak Aysha. boleh tak?"
'lagi?'
"Aysha je. No need so many, I know it's expensive to get there."

Alhamdulillah... itu rezeki mama, Allah mudahkan dapat anak umur 8 tahun yang tak banyak hal.

On the other hand, I was reminded of how baik Allah has been with me.
Allah bagi anak-anak yang memang tak pandai nak throw tantrums...
I remember Aidan and how memahami he could be when mama said no on things that he wanted.
He just obliged and shut the idea.
That was it.
I did not have to explain further.
Bila dia dah 2 1/2 thn, he learned to 'negotiate'.. nak toys tak dapat, but he asked me to bring to the toy shop, nak 'window shopping' je.
I would allow him to stroll down the aisle.
Bila ada satu toy yang nampak dia mcam minat, I would asked him and told him he would get it when he behaved. I would come again bila cukup bulan and bought it for his patience.
The same goes to Aimar and Aivey.
It wasn't easy for Aimar and Aivey sebab tu ada kekawan and cousin-cousin yang could just get anything when they asked their parents.
Aimar pernah tanya, kenapa diorang senang nak dapat tapi Aimar tak dapat?
Aivey pernah tanya, kenapa I cannot buy toysrus and just get the toy from JM je?
Sebab mama aboh is your parents, fullstop :)

Ok, back to Aivey's bday.
I ageed to add Aysha in the list dengan syarat they have to be very discreet. I told Aivey, kalau kawan-kawan lain tahu, mesti diorang berasa hati..but you should understand our situation sekarang.
And she said 'it's ok mama, I understand and we will keep it as a big secret.'
Terharu mama dengan her determination.

I remember asking her if she would want to have any birthdays kat sekolah. She said no need, that would cost money. But I told her it won't be expensive if you don't mind not to have any specific theme.. I can just get a cheap cuppies.
'That would be great! Sure semua orang happy!'
She wanted a ana solehah theme... but i told her we keep that for future and she was ok.

We had small birthday kat Superpark, Avenue K.
I told her she can invite one more friend if she wanted to. She invited our neighbour daughter. It was so thoughtful of her.
The girls love the time spent there.
There were only SM and her brothers, Hanan and her brother, Aysha and her brother (and mom, lovely!), Qaisara and her brother, Zara, Airil and us. Cukup! Alhamdulillah!!
It was fun fun fun!!!

Aivey, when you read this, I need to tell you one thing, thank you sayang.. you have always been easy with us and always as pleasing as we could always ask for.

Jaga diri sayang.
Girls are not easy, so be difficult the way Islam ask us to.
Mama doa Aivey besar jadi anak dan isteri solehah, the way you are meant to be!
Amiiiiinnn...

No comments:

Post a Comment