Monday, January 15, 2024

The test to be grateful

I'm reading a book from Sh Ghazi about Love in the Quran. I'm only on page 43 out of 540+ pages.. hahaha, good luck me!

So, what about love that I wanted to talk about in this post? 
.....
I was having a good long breakfast at The Majestic Hotel, KL earlier this morning. Alhamdulillah. 
After sending Aivey off to school, then Abang at his training course @ Four Seasons by Sheraton in the Chinatown area, I went back to the hotel ~ we got to stay for a night there and we checked in yesterday. 

I was used to 4-star, 5-star hotels in KL ~ since I was small, my dad used to bring us for good treat and celebrations. Abang is not so fancy with hotels and posh lifestyle. He preferred home with no hassle and 'free-and-easy' all-day. He didn't grow up in a 'fancy' posh lifestyle like I did. So, I don't blame him. Yet, I always have this idea to splurged my kids with such lifestyle so that they could have what I had. Of course, their aboh doesn't think it's a good idea, and he has all the valid reasons and justifications for that. I have to obliged. After all, he is the paymaster.. hahaha

Alhamdulillah. 

I guess, not having used to such lifestyle help us a lot when we were tested of no income for four years ~ yup, I stopped working and two years after that Aboh lost his job... We used up all his savings for the first two years, lived by the kids ASBs and the EPFs the next six months, and here and there, got through some cash from Wan & Kak Ani. Alhamdulillah...  somehow, we survived and I really witnessed the truth of the words of Allah: 

 وَمَا مِن دَآبَّةٖ فِي ٱلۡأَرۡضِ إِلَّا عَلَى ٱللَّهِ رِزۡقُهَا وَيَعۡلَمُ مُسۡتَقَرَّهَا وَمُسۡتَوۡدَعَهَاۚ كُلّٞ فِي كِتَٰبٖ مُّبِينٖ
There is no moving creature on earth but upon Allah is its provision. He knows its place of dwelling and its place of rest; everything is [written] in a clear Record [ Hud 11:6]

Subhanallah ~ not a single creature on Earth, but upon Allah is its provision. Tu sebab orang Melayu cakap, "ulat dalam batu pun boleh hidup!!"
Subhanallah ~ how can we not love Him when He has given us so much and not charging us and wanting anything in return? Not even our worship!! For, our worship is for us, to be rewarded. Subhanaallah. Mashaallah. Allahuakbar. 
...
So, what is it about love that I would like to talk in this post??

The love of those material poshy lifestyle. 
Remind yourselves, dear children, it's nothing but a test! So, you better excel it well for you've been there and done that and you will surely go through the test so that you could secure the eternal poshy lifestyle in Jannah, allahumma ameen. 

It is nice to be pampered around, have everything you want, at your leisure time, at the comfort of the great spacious hall when everyone surrounding you are ready to serve you. Mashaallah, imaging getting that service (and more) 24-7 in Jannah!

I'm not kidding ~ open the Quran and read up!
...
I have always be a lucky girl. I got a dad who cared, and now my hubby is spoiling me and I'm sure my kids will treat me well too in future, allahumma ameen. 

That is all Allah's gift. Alhamdulillah.
And not for simply give the gifts, for the rewards in the Hereafter will be much much much superb. It's a test, a test should I'd be grateful and pay it forward or I'll just got soaked in the worldly materials. May I passed it with flying colours, ameen. 
We are all ~ being tested. 

And for the love of Allah, we are where we are and may we pass the test, excelently. Ameen.



No comments:

Post a Comment