Sunday, May 14, 2023

It's Mother's Day

I don’t think I qualify to celebrate today’s mother day.As I browsed in my phone gallery, I saw photos of many mothers and I am nothing equal to them.
I have friends who are struggling being single mothers as long as they could remember, and also a dear friend who is ‘forced’ to get the single-mom titled and am sure she is still struggling deep within her heart despite the big grins and smiles.😭
I have friends who were still waiting to be a mom after decades of trying to get one and also friends who were blessed with beautiful babies after 5,8,12 and even more years of marriage.
Alhamdulillah, we were on way for our delayed honeymoon i.e. after four months of wedding that we found out we would be a parent in next 8months.😍
I have friends who are juggling being working moms and doing-house-chores moms and they really did their best to fulfill every minutes of the times with their children.
Alhamdulillah, I am a stay-at-home human who doesn’t do much house work, in fact, I would failed miserably if i were to be graded on that department.🤭
I have friends who are juggling being a stay-at-home moms trying to brew soup for appertisers, bake cake for dessert and don’t let me start with the main course! and ensuring laundry are all done, homework are ticked, and all good.
Alhamdulillah, I beg to differ for I suck… and shout out to my dear hubby who accepted me for who I am.. pasrah je lah🤣
I have friends who are putting all their strengths to be patience with cheating spouse and issues with children..
Alhamdulillah, I make du’a for Allah to make it easy for all of us and to never stop managing our lives for we alone won’t able to manage ourselves with His help. 🌹
I have friends who lost their moms and missed their moms dearly, and that doesn’t exclude my dear hubby who never stop making du’a to his mom for that is what he wished for when we departed this world, for our children to never stop making dua seeking forgiveness for us.
Alhamdulillah, I still have a mom who would ring me up in the morning, asking me, “ko tak nak minum kopi ke?” which made me obligated to fulfill her ‘indirect’ request.💘
I am not a good mom. Not as sabr as my mom, neither as caring as my mom-in-law (may Allah forgives her and keep her among the pious ,ameen).
I am not a strong mom. I cry, whine, get mad, nag, lazy and all those ‘tantrums’ that Abang and anak3 had to put up and live with.
I am no sane like most moms would be and should be. I always have this fear of my sons calling me out of blue for I belief no-news is good news. I fear my daughter will end up with wrong kind of friends and buddies.. huhuhu I fear everything when it comes to my kids for I know I’m not a good mom.
As I reflected on today mother’s day, and wrote a long note about it, I knew, despite me thinking that I am not the best inspiration to my elder child, not the favourite to my second child and not the perfect example for my last child, Allah has blessed me with them and dear hubby to keep on reminding me I am nobody without them. Alhamdulillah.
To all moms out there, who constantly worried about your children, who never stop being defensive for your children, who always blame yourself for not giving the best to your children.. just for one day, stop being injustice to yourself.
Like Ust Mizi would say, let go and let God.
Like Aishah RA said when she was slandered, فَصَبْرٌ جَمِيلٌۖ وَٱللَّهُ ٱلْمُسْتَعَانُ, so patience is most fitting and Allah is the one sought for help [QS12:18]
Remember when Prophet Zakaria AS was making du’a, رَبِّ إِنِّى وَهَنَ ٱلْعَظْمُ مِنِّى وَٱشْتَعَلَ ٱلرَّأْسُ شَيْبًا وَلَمْ أَكُنۢ بِدُعَآئِكَ رَبِّ شَقِيًّا, "My Lord, indeed my bones have weakened, and my head has filled with white, and never have I been in my supplication to You, my Lord, unhappy [QS 19:4]
Mommies, never stop making du’a, to yourself and your children.
Always remember, how you treat your parents would reflect how your children with treat theirs ~ sabar and syukur.
Alhamdulillah



No comments:

Post a Comment