Monday, July 10, 2023

Being 'manusia'

 "Benda wajib sebagai manusia pun, saya belum mampu lakukan. Saya tak mahu nanti, bila pakai tudung, lepas tu bukak balik. Saya tak mahu nama Islam dimomok, diburukkan dan dikecam."
...
I heard that statement from an artist and I cried instantaneously. 
If you asked me ten years ago, I might say that there's nothing wrong with the statement. It is one's decision and as human we should respect her decision and just pray for hidayah be with her. 
If you asked me fifteen years ago, I knew I would say that there are nothing wrong about the statement. She is right. She just don't want to be a hypocrite, so, let be and may she find hidayah and courage to wear tudung. 
If you asked me twenty years ago, I would say that it is very wise and noble of her to think of perfecting herself as human. If the time will, hidayah will be hers. 
...
Astaghfirullah. 
I was looking on my phone when the Quran app prompted the ayah of the day ~ 
خَلَقَ ٱلۡإِنسَٰنَ, 
He created man [Ar-Rahman 55:3]. 

Fullstop ~ every tricks, reasons and excuses that one might have in mind, are all being rebut in the Quran. Subhanallah.

As simple as the two kalimah: خَلَقَ ٱلۡإِنسَٰنَ. 

We are human, created by Allah, for a purpose as Allah says in the Quran 
وَمَا خَلَقۡتُ ٱلۡجِنَّ وَٱلۡإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعۡبُدُونِ, 
I have not created the jinn and mankind except to worship Me. [Adz-Dzaariyaat 51:56]

And not for us to be human, not to perfect the humanity in us and then adhere to Islamic rulings. It is our obligation to fulfill His order. Allah ask us in the Quran:
أَفَحَسِبۡتُمۡ أَنَّمَا خَلَقۡنَٰكُمۡ عَبَثٗا وَأَنَّكُمۡ إِلَيۡنَا لَا تُرۡجَعُونَ
Did you think that We created you with no purpose, and that you would not be brought back to Us? [ Al-Mu'minuun 23:115]

Allah don't need us, it is us who need Him. 
يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ أَنتُمُ ٱلۡفُقَرَآءُ إِلَى ٱللَّهِۖ وَٱللَّهُ هُوَ ٱلۡغَنِيُّ ٱلۡحَمِيدُ
O people, it is you who are in need of Allah, whereas Allah is the Self-Sufficient, the Praiseworthy. [Fatir 35:15]

...
Subhanallah, what was I thinking fifteen, twenty years ago? 
Astaghfirullah. 
I would approve the idea of 'no, i don't want to be a hypocrite', without realizing I was the hypocrite. 
I would say, 'it's better than mocking Islam by not having the right fix', without realizing I was mocking Islam. 
I would chant the word, 'belum sampai lagi hidayah. hidayah milik Allah. pray for mine, please,' without putting any attemp to not just find it, but even asking for it!
I would support and praise the idea of being noble human than being an obedience 'abd, slave of Allah. 
Astaghfirullah. 

I was blessed with cancer, Alhamdulillah.
I was grateful He didn't take my life then so that I could look for Him. Alhamdulillah. 
And for my dear sisters who are still struggling to be the best muslimah, and hence the best human. I know it's not easy to get 'there', making the hijrah, making a bold change
It is hard. 
But trust me, like it or not, it's an obligation. 
Have we not see the love of Allah when He allow us to still breath, and have what we have today?
Because He love us. He created us. and He didn't need anything from us. however, He is the one who provides us. 

Jom, hijrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment